We are proud to bring you newly renovated guest rooms with local artwork, stylish furniture and the same nautical flair you’ve come to love. As a bonus, we’re bringing you a new lobby and the Three Sheets Bar + Social, as well as a new menu designed by Director of Culinary, Chef Nathan Guggenheimer. But the world has changed, so the Oak Island Resort you know and love has adjusted our sails. What does this mean for you?
- Effective Friday, July 31 the province of Nova Scotia made it mandatory that masks are to be worn in indoor public spaces. In order to fight the fight against COVID-19, Oak Island Resort will be endeavoring to enforce this policy.
- Exceptions to this policy:
- In your guest room
- While eating or drinking in our restaurant or lounge
- When seated at our restaurant deck
- While swimming in our pools
- During a workout in our fitness center when the activity can’t be preformed with a mask on.
- Children 4 and under are exempt from being required to wear a mask.
- Exceptions to this policy:
- Hand Sanitizing stations are available throughout the hotel – please use them regularly.
- Guests are encouraged to use the washrooms in their rooms. There will be a limit of one person in public washrooms at a time.
- Check-in & Check-out: we’ve put up protective glass, provided hand sanitizer & you’ll notice that we’ve intensified our normal cleaning procedures. Please respect social distancing.
- We will be serving breakfast in the Oak & Oar restaurant, and deck from 7am-10am daily. Reservations are not required.
- Three Sheets and the Oak & Oar deck (weather permitting) is open daily at 11am. Food service is available from 11:00am to 8:00pm (9:00PM on Thursday and Friday). Please call ahead to make a reservation in our socially distanced Eateries (902) 627-4331 (internal extension 331).
- Our pools will be open for hotel guests and marina members only. Please be advised that reservations must be made. We will be allowing only 8 people at a time in the indoor pool and 10 people at a time in the outdoor pool. Indoor pool hours of operation are 9:00am-7:45pm, outdoor pool, 9:30am- 8pm. Reservations can be made by calling 340 from the phone in your room or calling the direct line (902-627-3340) 9:00am-5pm daily. The sauna and hot tub will remain closed at this time.
- Fitness center will be open; however; social distancing rules will be in place, and limited use of change area and bathrooms.
- Please limit elevator use to one person at a time to ensure social distancing.
- Housekeeping will not be entering your room during your stay. If you need extra linens or amenities, please call the Front Desk and we will have them delivered. Please check bathroom vanity drawers for any extras already placed for you.
- The Marina hours are Sunday-Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday & Saturday 9am-6pm. You have access to a number of outdoor games and sports equipment. All equipment must be signed out and will be cleaned by staff once returned. Our outdoor volleyball net and ball hockey surface are all ready to go for your enjoyment. Rentals of kayaks, bikes and Paddle boards are available at the Marina during normal operating hours.
Our resort team will be following COVID-19 protocols, focusing on sanitation, hygiene and social distancing to ensure you and our employees have a safe and healthy experience.
We look forward to WHALEcoming you back to the newly renovated Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre. We can’t wait to SEA you!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-565-5075.